Startup with Purpose
Startup With Purpose is a non-profit organization aimed at promoting entrepreneurship through collaboration between young entrepreneurs from around the world in the Middle East. Founded in the Fall of 2016 by students from the University of California, Berkeley, Startup With Purpose hosts week-long entrepreneurship boot camp in Middle East. Their goal is to facilitate a student-led movement around the world and use entrepreneurship, teamwork, and innovation to combat challenging social and economic problems.
After launching the nonprofit, the team at Startup with Purpose was looking to develop a brand which is in line with the nature and purpose of the initiative to enable them to market the bootcamp program across web and social media. Secure application forms and a payment system was essential for the organization. The stage of nonprofit also was making it tight in budget and web development project had to be done at a minimal cost.
The Process & Insight
After carefully counseling with prospect applicant and doing field research we obtained metrics on what would attract more applicant to the program. The visuals and content of the website should have been designed to better communicate with applicants with various backgrounds, specially Middle Eastern students. The insights of the board members had to take into account at every stage and the diversity of the team was utilized at its best for benefit of the website conceptualizations.
- Securing domain name for the nonprofit
- Providing secure hosting
- Designing logo incorporating Arabic name of the nonprofit.
- Using WordPress templates to meet the budget constraints of the nonprofit
- Training the staff to update and adjust website using a user friendly CMS
- Designing secure application forms and also implementing a payment system to enable applicants using various methods of payments to pay the fees.
- Creating social media channels with unified branding consistent with the portal of the nonprofit